In this 32-page PDF, you'll find a range of projects that make excellent gifts. And while some of them require more investment in time and effort, all of the articles include step-by-step instruction to lead you through any technical challenges, and help you build your skills. In other words, they're all approachable and in most cases require a minimal investment in materials.
Inside you find plans and instructions for:
- Portable Writing Desk. Originally from the Colonial era, this lap desk provides storage and a work surface.
- Light Bulb Lamp. A practical project that's quick and easy to make; always a bright idea.
- Jasmine Jewelry Box. A gracious gift with a unique feature that provides pleasure every time it's opened.
- Simple Sea Chest. Angled sides provide a distinctive look, with simple-to-produce joints.
- Tea Caddy. The traditional look of this small box is produced quickly using modern techniques.
- Child's step stool. This easy-to-make piece doubles as a child's chair and single-step stool.
- 1839 School Box. Build your skills as you build this 19th-century piece with room for books and snacks.