If you've never experienced the pleasure of using a really sharp tool, you're missing one of the real pleasures of woodworking. In The Perfect Edge Digital Collection, the mystery of the elusive sharp edge is solved by long-time sharpening expert and tool maker Ron Hock. You'll soon find how easy and safe hand tools are to use. This eBook and video download covers all of the different sharpening methods. Ron shows you the tricks and offers expert advice to sharpen all your woodworking tools, plus a few around-the-house tools that also deserve a perfect edge. You'll learn:
- What “sharp” means — and how to get there
- About properly heat-treating and tempering a tool blade
- How to put an initial grind on your blade, and whether hollow or flat grinding is preferred
- The pros and cons of various sharpening stones, and what makes them different
- About setting angles for sharpening and some recommended jigs that can help
- To sharpen plane blades, chisels, gouges and scrapers
- And much more!