Sharp Tools Work Better! Get the perfect edge with video sharpening instruction from expert Ron Hock. Every woodworker either has or will face the task of sharpening as a part of their hobby or occupation on a nearly daily basis. Some will choose the simplest method to sharpen their tools, while others will look for the superior method for an unparalleled edge. You'll learn:
- What "sharp" means - and how to get there
- About properly heat-treating and tempering a tool blade
- How to put an initial grind on your blade, and whether hollow or flat grinding is preferred
- The pros and cons of various sharpening stones, and what makes them different
- About setting angles for sharpening and some recommended jigs that can help
- To sharpen plane blades, chisels, gouges and scrapers
- And much more!