Think you know wood? To build beautiful furniture you first need to understand the essential properties of the wood you're working.There are hundreds of different types of wood - and there is great value in learning to properly use the wood you're working with. In this woodworking video, expert Ron Herman explains all the key aspects of wood as a furniture-making material - from its density, to how it's cut from the log, to defects and even differences in the species. Enjoy 5+ hours of how-tos in this woodworking video to learn the basic understanding and function of wood.
Order your copy of this informative woodworking video today to learn:
- How wood grows, where it grows in the forest and how its harvested
- What to look for when shopping for lumber and how to purchase it while getting the most out of your money
- The proper cutting tools for different species and how wood is cut in a mill
- What defects to look for and avoid in your lumber
- How you can expect different types of wood to behave over the lifetime of the piece
- And much more!