The Arts & Crafts movement was a far-reaching rejection of industrialization in favor of traditional design and craftsmanship — and the timeless forms still look handsome today. We compiled seven builds that bring comfort and classic design into your home. Here's what you'll find inside: :
- Simplified Stickley Bookcase: This simplified reproduction uses hidden screws to replicate a classic design.
- Greene & Greene Frame: Featuring a distinctive design and built using traditional joinery, this frame is perfect for showcasing that special image.
- Outdoor Lantern: A stylish alternative to open-flame Tiki torches, this Arts & Crafts luminary brings luxurious illumination to any outdoor soiree.
- Greene & Greene Medicine Cabinet: Originally spied in a garage at the Gamble house, this well-designed piece is the ultimate Arts & Crafts cabinet.
- The Lost Stickley: This never-cataloged table was likely a prototype, a one-of-a-kind, splay-legged piece that's chock full of character.
- Arts & Crafts Buffet: Inspired by a handful of Arts & Crafts designers, this buffet is the ultimate mash-up of classic and contemporary.
- Gustav Stickley Morris Chair:A classic Arts & Crafts design, this Stickley reproduction rewards its maker with a comfortable spot to rest.