Hand tools are much more than just interesting relics from the past. Proper set up and technique can allow you to do better work in less time than using power tools. This special publication features articles on:
• Choosing, using, tuning and sharpening planes, scrapers, chisels and saws
• We take an in depth look at hand planes-Lonnie Bird writes about shoulder and block planes
• Don McConnel writes about wood bodied smoothing and joiner planes
• Christopher Schwarz covers Metal-bodied jack planes, using a smoothing plane, and the best reasons for using hand tools
• Graham Blackburn teaches you when why and how to use hand saws
• All of this and more.