You’ll enjoy this Viking tool chest DVD if:
- You want to learn how to build a wooden chest for your tools
- You’re fond of Viking-style woodwork
In Build a Viking Tool Chest with Don Weber, you’ll ultimately learn how to make a wooden chest—one that’s both useful and a piece of history. This Viking tool chest tutorial shows how to reproduce a 1,000-year-old chest with traditional methods and tools that Viking builders would have used, providing you with an authentic building experience. Found in a Swedish bog, the original chest contained tools similar to those you’ll use to make your own version.
In Build a Viking Tool Chest you’ll discover how to:
- Surface lumber as the Vikings did
- Hand-cut through mortise-and-tenon joinery
- Make and use wooden pegs
- Hand-forge classic hardware
- And more!
About the instructor:
Don Weber is a bodger (chairmaker) specializing in Windsor and Welsh-style stick chairs. He’s also a teacher and blacksmith; his shop and home are in Paint Lick, Kentucky.