In "Easy Shaker & Arts & Crafts Projects," you'll find five handsome projects arranged in an order that will help build your shop skills and woodworking confidence. (And if you're already an experienced woodworker, these are still fun and classic projects you'll enjoy making!)
- Shaker Tray, by Christopher Schwarz - Build this simple and elegant reproduction of a Shaker silverware tray and you will become a maestro with a hammer.
- Simple & Fast Rabbeted Drawers, by David Thiel - Cut every joint for a simple drawer with this one easy setup on your table saw.
- Arts & Crafts Hanging Shelves, by Robert W. Lang - Practice perfecting authentic details including through-tenons as you produce a handsome and useful display.
- Stickley Magazine Stand, by Christopher Schwarz - Hidden braces and a few invisible screws make this well-proportioned Arts & Crafts reproduction (of Stickley's No. 79 magazine stand) surprisingly strong and stable.
- Simple Shaker Side Table, by Christopher Schwarz - Good projects are the product of the right joinery and the right design. This table teaches the fundamentals of both.
- Shaker Hanging Cabinet, by Christopher Schwarz - Learn good lessons in rabbet joinery, wood selection, fitting a door and more.
- ‘Als Ik Kan' by Christopher Schwarz - A maker's mark is always the last tool to touch Christopher Schwarz's work.