Great Additions to Any Shop! Japanese woodworking tools stay sharper, are easy to use and are simple to maintain, but that doesn't mean you need to use Japanese tools exclusively. In fact, not everyone should use Japanese woodworking tools — but you might want to try them! You'll learn:
- Why Japanese metallurgy creates tools that stay sharper longer than Western tools
- How chisel and plane blade design makes sharpening more efficient
- Steps to set-up and use Japanese chisels, saws and planes
- Why working on the ”pull” is a good option
- Things to look for when shopping for Japanese woodworking tools (and where to shop!)
- And much more!