Progress Your Upholstery Prowess
Basic and simple upholstery tools and materials are used to create this flat-top footstool. Go though all the processes step by step with expert Michael Mascelli.
- How to build a foundation for a footstool using jute webbing – which can be applied to many other projects
- To make and use your own edge roll and welting
- Techniques for cutting, folding & securing corners
- Information on the different tools and materials and when to use them
- Tips for adding a professional touch when closing corners and adding a dust cover
- And much more! This is the perfect project for developing your upholstery skills in your own shop!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Mike Mascelli has been a student and practitioner of the upholstery trade for more than 40 years and divides his time between the worlds of classic cars and classic furniture. He has provided upholstery for national champion cars and furniture that is on display at the U.S. House of Representatives, in addition to instructing hundreds of students in basic and advanced upholstery techniques at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking, the Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking and numerous other schools and organizations. Mike has published a number of articles on various aspects of upholstery in the “Journal of the Society of American Period Furniture Makers.”