Add a New Skill to your Tool Kit
Take your woodworking to the next level by adding your own leaded glass to cabinet doors. Follow along as host Gillian Thompson teaches the techniques to create custom glass panels. You’ll learn:
• About the simple, but important tools to make glass work easy
• How to lay out a pattern and work directly on it for greater accuracy
• Tips for cutting glass and caming for a precise fit
• The proper soldering techniques for an attractive and stable joint
• Techniques for adding putty and coloring the lead for a sturdy and beautiful finished piece
• And much more!
Once you start, you’ll be adding glass details to all your projects!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Gillian Thompson was named one of Cincinnati’s top craftspeople by Cincinnati Magazine in 2015 and called a master of her craft. In the course of over 20 years, Gillian has enjoyed the privilege of working with a diverse variety of projects, from simple embellishments for the home, restoration and reproduction of fine stained glass, to conservation of a series of Tiffany windows for the permanent collection of the Cincinnati Art Museum. She continues to be inspired by the practice of her craft and in turn supports and teaches other artisans to preserve this knowledge base for the future.