You'll love this video if you:
- Are looking to repair or copy a moulding
- Want to design and create your own moulding plane
- Desire to cut your own classic ogee mouldings
Reproduce a centuries-old ogee moulding profile just as your ancestors did — or create a custom ogee profile for your next project. The expert instructions in this DVD will help you do both those things and more. Once you've used basic woodworking skills to make a wooden plane blank, planemaker Tod Herrli walks you step by step through the process of building a custom moulding plane.
You'll learn how to:
- Design the ogee template
- Transfer the template to the plane
- Shape the sole using other moulding planes
- Cut and refine the iron
- And more!
About the Author Tod Herrli teaches and lectures on planemaking in workshops around the country, including at Mike Dunbar's The Windsor Institute and the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. He has appeared on the PBS television programs, "The Woodwright's Shop" and "The American Woodshop", and has published articles in woodworking magazines.