Whether your plane is old or new, discover tips that will make it perform with surgical precision. With just a little effort and a couple hours, you can turn any handplane into a super-tuned, high-performance tool.
Many woodworkers are looking for a handplane that can be brought back to working life with just a little time and effort -- and at a great bargain. This video from Christopher Schwarz shows you how to rehab a flea-market find (or soup up a new tool) into a perfectly tuned plane that can handle any task.
- What to look for in an old handplane
- How to break it down and clean it up
- How to assess and address various problems
- How to reassemble a plane beyond factory standards
- And how to super-tune it for top performance
- And more!
Christopher Schwarz has been finding and re-habbing handplanes for more than a decade. In Super-Tune a Handplane he shares his hard-learned knowledge to help you create a piece of working art for your own workbench. Follow Christopher's step-by-step approach, and you'll end up with a vintage (or new) tool that performs perfectly.