Every woodworker who visits Colonial Williamsburg makes a stop at the Anthony Hay Shop as part of the trip. Roy Underhill has made many visits to this recreated 18th-century woodworking shop to learn about traditional tools and techniques. Sit back, relax and enjoy classic woodworking fun from The Woodwright's Shop in "Colonial Williamsburg: The Anthony Hay Shop."
Episodes included in this DVD:
- #512 SECRETS FROM THE CABINET SHOP - Roy visits with master cabinetmaker Mack Headley to learn some of the secrets that were standard fare for 18th-century American woodworking.
- #609 THE BOTETOURT CHAIR - Roy takes a look at 18th-century woodworking details found in furniture at the Anthony Hay shop, including a carved Masonic Master's chair.
- #1109 WILLIAMSBURG WOODCRAFT - Discover how frame- and-panel shutters were made in the 18th-century.
- #1208 BANDING TOGETHER - Instrument maker Marcus Hanson makes inlay banding with Roy.
- #1209 THE ART OF FINISHING - Learn what has changed (and what hasn't!) in furniture finishing since the 1700s.
- #2011 CARVING WITH THE CABINETMAKERS - Roy talks furniture carving with master Mack Headley.
- #2113 COLONIAL TABLE MAKER - Learn traditional cabinetmaker tricks for tenoning trestles and turning tops while building tables.