Roy Underhill loves his shop. Many of his programs have been dedicated to building clever and useful projects for the shop. Join us in the 10-hour “best of” presentation of favorite projects from: The Woodwright\'92s Shop.
Order your copy today to enjoy these 17 projects:
- #402 A Spring Pole Lathe: Roy walks us through the steps to create a simple spring pole lathe.
- #604 A Folding Lathe: Learn how to build an 18th-Century French lathe designed to fold up and store in the corner.
- #1402 The Carpenter’s Tool Box: Roy shows you how to build his iconic carpenter’s tool tote.
- #1412 The Williamsburg Blacksmiths: Watch a traditional woodworking tool &endash; a drawknife &endash; forged for using historically accurate techniques.
- #1501 Sharpening Tools: Roy builds a cedar box for an old sharpening stone while simultaneously teaching the principles of sharpening.
- #1508 & 1509 Folding Workbench: Learn to build a simple, sturdy folding workbench.
- #1612 Making Wooden Screws: Roy shows how to use a tap and screw a box to create wooden screws for use in shop and furniture projects.
- #1701 Make Your Shaving Horse: Learn how to make a shaving horse from a single 2 x 10.
- #1908 Master Cabinetmaker: Frank Klausz visits the shop to show how to make his water pond for sharpening and how to cut through-dovetails.
- #2101 Saw Horse: The tools we use can be attractive too! Roy shows how to build a beautiful saw horse.
- #2103 Toolbox from the 1940s: Build a timeless storage piece from past generations of fine woodworkers &endash; a Joiner’s Tool Box.
- #2107 Impossible Joints: Make a mysterious puzzle mallet with a devilishly difficult dovetail that’s impossible to break.
- #2302 & #2303 Making the New Workbench: Roy builds a solid, sturdy workbench without any screws, nails or glue &endash; that you can break down and take with you!
- #2401 Shaving Horse: Learn to make a shaving horse to help you make ax handles, wheel spokes and more.
- #2405 The Foot-Powered Lathe: Roy shows how to build a traditional “spring pole lathe” &endash; powered by foot. (A different design than his earlier one.)
- #2504 The Melancolia Plane: Build the wooden plane pictured in Albrecht Durer’s Melancolia
- #2508 & #2509 Cabinet Workbench: Roy builds a workbench with storage underneath from a design by Charles Hayward.