The chisel is a simple tool, but is essential in any shop. Using one effectively depends on proper care and sharpening, understanding the wood and using the tool in relation with your body. With Jeff Miller’s expert instruction, you’ll learn:
- The specific function of a variety of chisels
- Techniques for fast and effective sharpening
- How to cut accurate dovetails
- Effective clamping and setup techniques forgetting a clean chop
- The behavior of grain direction and the influence the chisel has on the cut
- How to properly square a hole
- And much more!
“The Versatile Chisel” will teach you everything you need to know to wield your chisels like a pro.